View Single Post
Old 14-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Guide

Chopped down tree.

Today I went to a lovely palm reader whom I see every six months or so. She brought up a tree I felt very attached to in my neighbourhood. I thought it was so funny the tree showed up in my palm reading.

Anyways, a few weeks ago there was a wind storm in my area and a huge old oak tree suffered a snapped branch. This tree was in my neighbour's yard. One day some men with a work truck and chain saws showed up and I mentally sent messages to the tree saying "don't worry, one of your branches snapped so they are just going to clean that up but you will be ok." I was completely wrong. The men with the chainsaws cut the tree down right to the stump. I was so upset and so angry. It was totally unnecessary. I kept apologizing to the tree because I didn't think that would happen.

My palm reader acknowledged how I felt about the tree but also said "it was the wrong thing to do that they cut down the tree. not only had animals made their home in the tree but tons of faeries lived in that tree." my heart broke for the second time.

The loss of this tree was really difficult for me, but other things in my neighbourhood have also made me upset. I live in an old character home and my neighbour decided to take control of the yard and went in our backyard and chopped down all the trees even though he doesn't even go back there. I got angry at him and he didn't understand why. One of my other neighbours also decided this August to tear down some of their trees in their backyard despite not even ever going in their backyard. They have kids and I have never once seen their kids in their backyard in the three years I have lived in my house.

This was the first summer where I didn't have birds nests or random birds and animals (other than squirrels and skunks) that I was able to connect with. Sometimes I hate humans.