View Single Post
Old 15-03-2020, 06:38 AM
Experiencer

For the past days I've been trying to notice how what I eat affects me spiritually.

In dreams it seems I get to experience the fear of the animal that I ate the day before.

Avoiding meat makes me less moody, less angry in my thoughts, I get calmer and the quality of my dreams improve a lot.

For the moment I definitely agree that eating certain foods, specially from the vegetable kingdom, makes a person purer. It is even poetic to say that your food grew from the soil, bathed in rain, sunlight and moonlight and then it was harvested for you to eat, as opposed to saying that an animal was butchered, gutted, cut into pieces and now you're frying it in a pan.

But I'm no hypocrite, I've been omnivorous all my life, and it may be difficult to change old habits. Nonetheless, I wish to learn and improve.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.