View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 05:38 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Lol, that sounds like me. Do whatever feels right within yourself. The only thing with fish imo is the plastic issue. Micro plastic they ingest, then of course so will we. I've found a great alternative for milk to go on cereal and in my coffee. It's called Oatly whole. Not sure if that's available where you are. I try and buy organic dairy if poss.

I think the problem goes far beyond plastic because fish suffer too. Imagine yourself pulled under the water and struggling to get back to the air so that you can breathe. For fish, it is the opposite. Humans drag them up into the air and they can't breathe and it's like they're suffocating in the air because their gills can't get the oxygen that's all around them.

They even feel pain, fear and have some experience of joy and fun. Years ago, I came across the following, a video of a guy who plays with his pet fish and he says, she looks for him and comes to the corner seeking attention. It's actually pretty cute. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BVMyfFhjW8
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)