View Single Post
Old 16-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Experiencer
I think it's a very normal part of being human to fear death, or dying, or both. It is normal to fear the unknown.

I used to fear death. I had no spiritual belief for most of my life but the idea of not existing was extremely disturbing to me, and I had no basis for any reassurance on the matter.

Unfortunately I think we can only alleviate these fears through things we experience personally, and we have to follow our own spiritual journey. I am fortunate now to have an amazing relationship with the spirit world and with spirit guides who are perfectly happy to talk to me all day about the nature of spirit, their own experiences passing from this world to the next, and even previous experiences I have had myself of same, though I do not remember them. I have been exposed to an incredible, boundless environment of wisdom and love and am utterly breathtaken, awed and humbled by it. I know my mind did not create it - partly because I have had more than enough little "coincidences" in my life proving to me the validity of this communication, and partly because the spirit world is far too magnificent a thing for me to have created it!

It is not something I can offer evidence of to another person, only an honest account of my own experiences. We each need to find that for ourselves. But please don't live in fear. There is a greater meaning to everything we experience than any of us can imagine.