View Single Post
Old 17-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Now, I consider myself to be rather intelligent, but there's this one video that I have watched six times already and it totally does my head in every single time...and I am no closer to understanding it after six times than I was after the first time I saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWSu_EewZZI

I'm still stuck on how nothing is 'real' outside my mind when my senses say otherwise and also how many people can perceive the same thing if nothing really exists outside the mind.

As a spiritual person, I can understand how everything is connected at the atomic or sub-atomic level, but there are still distinctions between 'self' and 'other' and between 'subject' and 'object' and about existing and orienteering my position within space and time, when all of that is just a product of my mind...and I cannot explain to myself how that can possibly be....and lordy, how I have tried because I want to know...I want to feel this.

Whenever I watch this video, I'm forever going "I don't get it...I WANT to get it, but I just don't get it". lol

Now I am wondering if this is basically only me, or do others also struggle with wondering if things exist ONLY because we see them or they wouldn't exist otherwise?....nope, don't get it.

So, if there are simple explanations for this, I am all eyes.
From past threds I really noticed you like to question what is real. In modern times everything flies by so fast most people just go through the motions. At times one really has to step back and go to the roots of all spiritually started. Here's an example, at one time people had no choice but to hunt for a meal. Those meals were extremely hard and slow to get. But when you got it you gave a deep down real thanks to the earth. Not just doing out of habit or because it's something you should do.thats just 1 of many examples I could give. It's real feelings, real joy, real hardships.