View Single Post
Old 26-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's no problem to me. Shrinks tend to work with social norms. That's how they decide what's crazy and not.
Once one tries to explore the individual (who may superficially act out social norms, maybe not) there's no benchmark so what's normal and not is beyond debate.
If i were walking around and a naked man throwing poop started to shout "I am God, this is my gift to you." I rightfully wouldn't think of him as having attained spiritual enlightenment.

The blindingly obvious would be that he was crazy - not an "individual"
or "free" from societal chains & boundaries."
Hahahahaha!!! Precisely. Glad you got the drift. He isn't conforming to the norm! Good example and thank you for stating that particular obvious.
I do appreciate these complex ideas being elucidated.
It's the individual emerging. I have several times seen naked people on the beach throwing bits of food at seagulls to watch them catch it
which is crazy given the norms of our culture.
Perhaps if they threw poo these birds might be less encouraged to nick people's sandwiches.

Quote:
Normal & not has a benchmark. It's not always for judgement it is potentially because we have seen where the behaviour often leads - to harm, self or otherwise.
Can't agree but never mind.

Quote:
A person that always follows never really develops their own character but a person that is always defiant will never be tolerant of others.
My, my, thank you for those pearls.

Quote:
The crazy aspect of spiritual people to me is that they are lost souls - the lost panic if they can't get their bearings.

Lost souls? . Lost from what? Their souls are their souls so how can they be lost except in the sense of refusing to kowtow to some ill-ordained religious dogma? Nope, you won't sell me that!