View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 03:05 AM
bird72

Three months or so ago starting on Monday morning, I had a profound feeling of something tragic and wrong. It would not leave all day, the feeling was not specific, not even death, just tragic, sad, and wrong. I went to sleep that night with that feeling. Tuesday was an exact repeat. I started to wonder my sanity, but hoped it was an explainable "experience" so that the feeling was justified. Wednesday I woke up and still felt the same and was really wondering. I went to work. I went in the break room and looked at morning paper. My son Derek (who has passed) had a best friend Aaron. They both snowboarded extreme stuff. Derek left this world a few years ago, and Aaron went on to be world class, on an Olympic caliber team. They were in South America doing the high peaks down there, I believe helicopter up stuff or something.... He died in an accident Monday, when the feeling started. It took 3 days for the news to get to Montana. After I read the paper the feeling left. It was a premonition, just diffused. The two buddies are now togethor.