View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:27 AM
mikkimanyhawks

Wisa'ka, i have read some of your other posts in the Native American section and you (and others) seem to have an additude that if you are not born into a certain tribe, there is no connection, and you will never be part of it. i might be wrong about you, Wisa'ka, but i know a lot of people do feel this way. i know all this probably sounds very childish. but i am weak right now because i am scared about who i am and who i'm not. i know that is not an excuse, i am just explaining. i just want to know what people think here. i can't fully trust my own heart. because i know so many people would think the way i feel about being Lakota (or even about being Indian) is nonsense, and that makes me so doubtful and afraid, and that makes me weak. earlier today i was in a very good state of mind. i was thinking 'i know who i really am, i know it is the truth, and no one can take it away from me.' but they can. my state of mind is so weak right now, if anyone implies that some people are 'wannabe Indians' or whatever, even if it isn't directed at me, it still hurts.

i am so scared that i really don't know what i'm talking about. can anyone here help me with this at all, or should i go somewhere else? i will try looking inside myself more, but i've done that a lot already, and i always end up believing that i am Indian in the end, even if i tell myself it's not true...sorry that i'm acting so crazy. i hope i'm not being a burden to people here or anything.