View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 02:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
That's good.

I understand that stories become a part of the letting go process and life itself, so it all fits the picture through the choices we make to unfold in our own truthfulness. Everything serves itself until it no longer does. I mean some stories play out for years and years, people deciding they like to sit in that zone, hold the truth of themselves within that space. For me in being more open to my own truthfulness, there is a natural awareness of others that brings up a greater impact in me to be mindful of the external world moving through their own stuff. In some ways where I am now, more open and clear, the harder it has been to just sit in all others stuff mindfully. I am not talking "work mode". More in general, or social mode. I noticed recently because my sensory awareness is becoming so clear and heightened in myself, that I actually can hear the past, present and future in the play on words of others still bound to themselves. Some jump out at me in ways where it is hitting my senses more directly. Usually I can sit on the surface with people, but lately this is showing me how "more mindful" in my practice I have to be in this way. This is something new and more clear now, so again for every opening and clear flow in myself, there is this awareness of others more heightened outside of me. So again another level of mindful awareness and not getting caught up in their altered reality that shows me quite openly where it is at. Its tricky because in this situation where you expect to chill and enjoy yourself, people's reality is hitting you in the face on every level when they are just talking about surface stuff. But again I am a great advocate that if your ignoring yourself in mindfulness of others and life in general, it will come up in everyway of your world and life to practice this stuff. As you know for its the lived experience of this, where I seek to practice this stuff, so their is no avoiding myself in this way. I think sometimes when you get people in a forum, safely seated on their bottoms, playing on line, not having much direct contact with life around them, but growing and opening through this means, its all well and good. One can derive a very grounded presence and believe they have their poo together, spouting knowledge and telling others how it is and should be, but ultimately take that into the real world and it really does open up another level of mindfulness as a practice for real. For me more than ever this mindfulness of self, is the place I am holding as the way through life, more than anything else. I cant avoid myself now and the nature of truthfulness speaks very direct to me in myself, not only for me, but the world around me. So its even harder now to hold your own presence when the world is going crazy. But its a good challenge and one I thrive on more naturally now. Even in groups I participate in real life with, they all have these needs to be doing externally for the world and others, which is great, but then I am looking into those heightened moments, thinking, but hey "get your own poo together, cant you hear yourself? Cant you see yourself? Can you feel that in yourself? And then I realize in that moment, how blind I was, how at times I couldn't hear the truth, how I couldn't see myself until I could, I suppressed feelings to protect myself and all that jazz. And hearing and seeing it all, feeling their unresolved stuff and all that jazz, I realize how easy it becomes to just be alone..hehehe

Sure. I'm not really dissing the stories and saying they shouldn't be, just suggesting recognising that it is a story, and wouldn't suggest trying to make it stop or go away, as mindfulness is the recognition of things as they are, and it isn't making efforts to make them another way. People will learn techniques and be under the impression that they 'should' focus on breath, for example, and even teachers recommend strategies like counting breaths as a way of 'getting rid of distractions', which basically feeds the ego by pretending everything is under its control. The mindfulness is different because when a person is involved in the story they suddenly recognise they are swept off by the mind, and then they experience the aversions and expectations of 'I don't like the distraction' and 'I should be observing the breath'... the mindfulness recognises that as it happens too - so the mindfulness is prior to everything and it knows what is going on - therefore there no point to be mindful after the fact, because you can see yourself doing that as well.

Quote:
Yep looking at things more directly as I mentioned. Its just finding the mindfulness within that all exposed view that hits you directly when your clearer in yourself and more open to notice. It is hard when the story and the words coming out show the destructive nature of itself playing out as one. The mindfulness in staying present in that space of another reflecting to me what I have been, what I am open to clear in me now is like sitting with yourself exposed in everyway without even trying to be. I see these situations as positive awareness especially when you have people who don't want to move forward. Allowing but respecting mindfully that space. Its hard all the same, because your limited to the walls they are continually reinforcing over and over to keep their world as it is. I am very aware of more, that is not the issue, I feel much more even without their story in that space deeper. Its more that they content in this way and I find that difficult to grasp at times. Silence and a listening ear even as I know, is golden in these times I guess..well I am learning that. And mindfulness with someone who doesn't want to know, doesn't want to tell themselves the truth, is a deeper gain for me in my own practice and being in the world with others.

Well, people think they know things, but I'm talking about a different kind of knowing, as knowing what's going on with you is not a question and answer process, but an observation of what's going on - a noticing of things. And when it comes to other people I know what's going on with then at a feel level as subtle sensation in my own body, but there is nothing I know about that as knowledge - it's just the noticing of that dynamic between myself and the other. Our images and bodies are actually in the same aware space anyway so the distinction between me and you is OK, but we aren't really private beings all in our little spaces. This really helps with the honesty as well to know that ultimately there are no secrets and everything is, or as least will be, revealed to the light of conscious awareness. It makes it quite pointless to secret things away and to hide aspects of the persona in shame, and it's inevitable that it has to open to conscious awareness, making it perhaps useful for a time, but ultimately futile to hold the blocks in place.

The complexity is, one can't really release blocks, because that mentality will see something blocked, become adverse to it and try to heal it, but thar reaction of hating the block and desiring a releasing sensation is the same psychic energy that keeps the block in place. People experience a temporary relief, but very rarely root out the thing doing these sorts of things. The trick is to feel the body be it blocked up or opened up just for the sake of knowing 'this is the way it feels' - and that is the basic release of that psychic energy I just mentioned. The story about it can be recognised like 'this is what I'm telling myself', 'this is my reactivity' and so on whatever the case might be, but mindfulness is like the ever watching portion of that aware space, and this is the way it all comes to light in conscious awareness - in its own time.

Quote:
Yes that is where I am now gaining deeper in myself. Leave things alone, let them sort out for others. How I manage myself in others in this way, actually shows me deeper how to stay present with stuff I don't need to do anything about. Even with people around me, wanting, needing to do, fix etc that too is a challenge to let go and just stay present deeper in myself. So far its working and showing me the ease at which mindfulness becomes without thoughts of "needing to be that", more seeing the practice of it leads itself more naturally over time with practice.

Well said, just be present with stuff which you can do noting about.

Quote:
Yep avoidance is running rife in this day and age..I will share a little story with you about the guitar son. He is quite obsessed with his Ipad, mother takes him off it for two weeks. He is eight years old. She has been noticing he has been more tearful in that time, but one night in his room, she walked in to find him sobbing deeply. Like deep in his core crying. She quickly went to his aid and hugged him. After a little while she asked him if he wanted to talk about what was upsetting him. He said through his outpouring and chocking up, he would try. He said to her, "I have been thinking about existence". She was shocked for moment, collected herself and asked him, "What is upsetting you so much about this?" Well he said, "I have been thinking about, what if I don't exist?" (tears flooding) "what am I?" "Where would I be?" It all poured out of him. "And if I don't exist, and you don't exist and Nan and Pa don't exist, If P (meaning me) doesn't exist, where are we all?" His mum preceded to give him what she perceived he needed in that moment, which settled and calmed him down, enough so he could get back to sleep.

That seems quite young to be having an existential crisis, but I guess there is no knowing of such things, and the best we might do is be happy that it is the way it is without exactly knowing how it really is.

Quote:
Yes I get it. It was a lot easier when I had reason for being, now its more difficult as I am aware in myself with life around me. In facing it all head on, I have no where to go now when life around me shows me itself. With no reason other then its "life" as it is, you can only manage and practice a more mindful awareness of others and life and just get on with it. I wouldn't want to live in the old way of being, it does feel more pure now and for me regardless of what is moving around me, my centre of being smiles at the many things in life I am happy for, thankful for and so I enjoy my life and create in many ways of it. Living with a more clear non attached relating, has opened my own freedom in me to immerse deeper and feel more rewarded from within myself regardless of what is moving outside of me. That to me is the ultimate, where I gain from the little things or the simplicity in life. There is always something to enjoy in life. Its what I create and make it to be really...

Sure, I wouldn't go back to the old ways even if it were possible. I just have to continue this journey, and I'm dedicated to my training, not just for my own benefit either, but to pass forward the life changing effects of working 'through the body' as a whole person.