Thread: Closet Buddhist
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The deity of time... sounds a bit like like my path: the practical path of experiential wisdom, which can only be traversed within the time-plane of material reality (as opposed to the space-plane of spiritual reality).
Oh my Lord!!! I was just mentally reminded about a fitting beautiful tale from the Hindu genre which totally relates.

As you know, in Hinduism, there are three main Gods...Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva (Creator, Preserver, Destroyer - Trimurti).

One day, as Shiva was sitting in meditation, there was a huge commotion in the heavens and it was disturbing him greatly.

Apparently, as it seems, Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu were arguing over who was actually "God" the Creator of the universe or the one who created the Creator of the universe?...yeah those big arguments that only Gods can have...

So, Lord Shiva turns up and issues both Gods with a 'challenge' to try and settle the score and bring peace in the heavens so He could go back to navel gazing.

Lord Shiva turns himself into an endless pillar of Light we call Jyotir Lingam (Brahman Absolute- the ALL) and requests both gods to go off in opposite directions to try to find the end of it...so they agreed and set off...riding on their respective vehicles, Garuda and Hamsa (the Swan of Judgment).

Anyway, gone for millennia they were...millions of years...what's time to these immortals right?

Eventually, they returned or did something to wind up back to where Shiva was and Lord Visnhu realised the true nature of Brahman then and there on the spot, while Lord Brahma pretty much lied about it and claimed to have found where it ended and started up the whole argument again with Lord Shiva this time as to 'who was the greatest God out there'.

To show Lord Brahma just who was, an avatar of Shiva emerged from within the Divine Light...within the seat of Brahman...called Bhairava and chopped off one of Lord Brahmas heads...that of arrogance, ignorance and pride...he had another three of them anyway so he'd live...he realised Brahman too though in the process.

This is just from the relative files stored away in my brain archive...but...

AUM NAMAH SHIVAYA!!! <3 <3