View Single Post
Old 23-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
I prefer the view, differing interpretations' rather than the word 'misinterpretation'. Generally, in scholarly debate, when people take a stance, all other stances are 'misinterpretations'. It is all about 'I'm right and you're wrong' and not about finding a sense of harmony, not agreeing, but being content with the idea that someone may have a differing view that you do.
Namaste, Vinayaka.

Exactly!

How I learned it, is that the Gayatri Mantra is in reference to Savita (Surya) or the 'Sun God' from the Rig Veda.

It also denotes the 'Inner Sun' or the dawning of consciousness or awareness, describing all the lokas or planes of existence from the lower realms (chakras) to the higher ones, as denoted by the bijas "Bhu", "Bhuva" and "Swah" which can also refer to the three Gunas or modes of existence within the universe.

However, I am just focusing on the title of this thread for now, because 'walls of text' are difficult for me to intellectually scale.

The consequence of misinterpretations, is that the misinterpreted meaning can be twisted to fit whatever the religious school/belief is according to those misinterpretations.

The opening poster made another thread, where his translation of Sanskrit was totally incorrect, leading to a whole false view and concept which he then elaborated on and tried to fit that in with his own belief system.

Not since I read the purports by Prabhupada for the Bhagavad Gita (As it IS) have I been dismayed with the amount of liberties taken with an actual translation to fit in with an ideology.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=112861

...but I am over it now...after saying this.

Om Namah Shivaya