View Single Post
Old 23-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Master
In my honest view (and experience), anything that associates with an "I" or "Self" (with a small or big "s") in regards to anything or any concept, cognitive perception or even an awareness of 'being' as it corresponds to, relates to or incorporates anything else - it's all ego!

There is the delineation between "I am THAT" or "I am Consciousness/Oneness/God" or whatever association there is, and "That/God ALONE exists" irrespective of what "I" am...or what "Self" is, because the former realisation is still an aspect of the mind or ego.

In the total experience of Laya (absorption) the "I" or "Self" either differentiated or undifferentiated totally vanishes and so, one cannot have the notion of "I am That" because everything is "That" which includes, but isn't limited to what "I" or any notion of being any kind of 'separate' entity or Consciousness IS.

Many will believe and experience the "I AM" but all I can say is "keep going my friend, because that's only half the story", but to stop there, in the belief that that's all there IS - that's just the ego still clinging on to it's last bit of dominance over a full experience of a totally abject and transcendent oblivion.