View Single Post
Old 27-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulabelle
Oh, no, I wasn't really referring to people on this forum. Perhaps I've met an abnormal amount of people who romanticize death and dying. (It's quite possible.) Still, though, I don't think any of us can truly predict how we, personally will react and how we will feel when we're dying.

But I agree with you. Especially considering how the matter of death is danced around and practically ignored in many western countries. Hardly any real heartfelt conversation or acceptance (generally speaking)-- just fear and avoidance.

*sighs* This all makes me wish I had become a hospice nurse like I originally wanted to be. For those that are about to give birth, you have doulas and midwives; there ought to be far more equivalent options here in the western part of the world for those that are dying. Since, after all, death is a sort of birth.

Yes, it is still largely a taboo subject.

Re being a hospice nurse: It is not too late. I know someone who became one. She was well into middle-age and a mother of five!
If you know what to say and do, at a time people most need to hear it... A priceless gift.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com