View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tree
(partial quote)

Do you consider Christians (and others) who say that their way is the ONLY WAY to be doing "harm" to others?

The reason I ask this additional question is because many of my Christian friends say that they are "praying for me" to come back to Jesus, insinuating, or downright saying that I am errant; I consider this attitude violent, unhelpful, and ignorant. To say "I'll pray for you to find your way back" is, in my mind and heart, very unloving and inconsiderate, and in no way a reflection of Jesus' love.

I was guilty of this attitude when I was a Christian, so I am patient with my friends in their current understanding of Christ, and I do not consider myself better than they because I have walked another way, nor they inferior to me for walking with Jesus.

Best to try and ignore them and follow your own way, if they think that praying for you will change your feelings then let them pray. If things get difficult for you then mybe it's time to move on. See how it goes, don't rush into things you may regret but if it starts to hurt you then walk away after explaining to them the reasons.