View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Knower
Is Jesus The Only Way?

I recently responded to a new(ish) post from community member "JesusIsLord" where they directed thread viewers to a YouTube video talking about Jesus being the supreme path, and that other chosen paths (in this case, usage of plant medicines) are "inferior" or "incorrect".

The thread was deleted and my post is gone (not sure why), but I'm still curious about this attitude. I was on the Christian path for many years before changing direction and going a different way, and while on that path I believed that anyone not on the "Jesus path" was lost and doomed.

I have since amended my beliefs (5 years ago I changed directions) and I am now very accepting of, and open to considering a broader view of things in this regard. I am accepting of others wherever they are on whatever path they are walking, and I can see that my walk with Jesus helped me to come to the path I am now walking, and was necessary to bring me here.

I will not disrespect anyone who walks with Jesus because that is their path and their timing. They may or may not one day move beyond that way of thinking, just like some will one day move from their current path apart from Christianity, to walking one with Jesus.

So again, I'm curious about the rigid attitude that Christianity is the "only way". This question is for any and all Christians (and others) who care to engage. I am asking with a sincere desire to understand and grow in knowledge and wisdom, and I am not being provocative or inciting division.

Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

If so, why?

What is to become of people who walk a path apart from Christianity?