Thread: Pluto
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2020, 06:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Pluto is a dwarf planet, along with Ceres in the asteroid belt, Eris, Haumea, and Makemake. It doesn't diminish its importance to me, however I see there are two ways to consider this in astrology, perhaps at the same time. Scorpio is primarily ruled by Mars, not Pluto. And that Pluto is Scorpio's modern ruler. That doesn't diminish its co-rulership, but especially considering Pluto is a dwarf planet, we should remember in fact Scorpio is primarily ruled by Mars. In the same way we can say Virgo is primarily ruled by Mercury, and co-ruled by Ceres. Likewise Libra is primarily ruled by Venus, and co-ruled by Eris. Haumea and Makemake are still too new to have any designated rulers. I also personally have a issue with astrologers considering these three dwarf planets, Ceres, Pluto, and Eris, but completely ignoring Haumea and Makemake. Why is Pluto so important but its fellow two dwarf planets are not? This needs to change in my opinion. They should equally be as important.

Now the other thing to consider is that Pluto, being so far out, is in fact a generational planet, and doesn't make sense to say you are ruled by a planet that takes longer to orbit than you have years in your life. That's why Scorpio's primarily ruling planet is Mars - it's a personal planet, it's who you actually are inside, your ego. Furthermore most modern followers of astrology don't have the proper understanding and foundation of the logic behind how the ancients constructed their astrology regarding ruling planets, because co-rulers actually make no sense and there's no room for them. That said, since we are in the modern age with dwarf planets, we can bend the rules, well, with co-rulers.