Thread: The Absolute
View Single Post
Old 21-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Deactivated Account
The Absolute

I wrote about this elsewhere but this seems to be the correct place for it so.......

I have studied non-duality or Advaita for a long time and can see and even occasionally experience Oneness or Unity in which there is a 'me' but no separate individual. Then, again, I have experienced the continuing existence of several members of my family including my late wife in the Afterlife so my issue is how to reconcile the Oneness, where there is NO individual at all and the presence of apparent individuals in both the physical world and the Afterlife. I'd think that, once I "die", there would no longer be a separate, individual 'me' but a universal Me or simply Consciousness - absent a form. I can visualize or conceive of formless life or Absolute Unity plus separate individuals but when, where and how does the separate person melt into or become One Being or Self? What is your own experience of this? Have you, as some sages seem to be, had the experience of being just one life/being/consciousness/self - without a body or form? If so, what about all those individuals that I have seen/felt/heard, etc. from the over in the Afterlife? I didn't imagine them. They are as real as anyone or thing over here. It's so weird trying to experience Oneness when individuality seems so permanent or ever lasting. The "oneness" folks claim that everything, including the afterlife, is temporary whereas Oneness is eternal and permanent. What's your take on these two apparently opposing points or states? Thanks