View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Guide

I think there is a conflicting definition of the term 'selfish' here. While there may exist different interpretations to the concept of the word, my example was not intended to imply it as taking something away from another, but to set a limit where others may place requests or demands, whether that is through physical circumstances or a belief that one must contribute to something. I suppose another synonym for the definitiom could be 'egosentric', but that is too strong of a word in this sense.

As for my use of the term 'fulfilment', I have intended this as a complementary synonym to 'alignment', in the sense where 'separation' would be its antonym. In a figurative sense, it is to point out the relationship between the two points of awareness that constitutes one's local self, as focused within the mind, and one's heart, spirit, source connection. In that sense, separation would be experienced as negative emotion, while alignment would be experienced as a sense of fulfilment.

I think there may also be a mistranslation of the intent of the affirmation. It was not intended to indicate a receivership of self-love from an external source, but a receivership of support for one's well-being, whatever that may look like.