View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
oh what wonderful stories! when i was younger and leaving my fancy job in NYC for something closer to home i was nervous. on one of my last days commuting through washington square park, one particularly chattery squirrel ran along the fence top along side me. i had headphones on, but he squaked and chattered louder. finally i stopped, looked at him, took off my headphones and asked what he wanted. he reached for my hand so i gave it to him and he pet my hand and told me it would be okay, everything would work out and i was making the right choice. then chattered a little nothing and scampered off.

i remember thinking at the time - um... i was just pet by a squirrel in nyc NOT looking for food, who just wanted to tell me everything would be okay?! i must be going crazy! then i smiled and laughed and knew - nope it was real :)

moonkestrel - can't wait to hear more about wasp as things unfold!
and topaz i love the raven story!

last thursday i saw our juvenille bald eagle by the swamp near me finally! i had heard we had a bald eagle nearby but seeing him finally myself was just breathtaking and i was sure that it was a sign of better things to come!

Hi, CJ! Aw.. That is PRECIOUS about your squirrel!! LOL! "I was just pet by a quirrel".. And how thoughtful of him! I bet that just made your day... P.S. My son calls the "Whisky Friskies" after his teacher at school!

You saw a Bald Eagle - Wow!! You are sooo lucky....Good for you!... What a stunningly beautiful creature ... I can't imagine seeing one for real..... And as you say, what an awesome omen...I'm so happy for you...