View Single Post
Old 18-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Pathfinder
Little Creek -- You make the assumption that I am 'white'. That is probably where the problem originated. I have not only attended Ceremony's, I have participated. Many times. I can track my blood line to Comanche and Cheyenne Arapaho. I have a Son who is a Sun Dancer. There has been a steady stream of Native Peoples from many tribes in and out of my home over the years. I am blessed to have had communion with many different cultures over many issues.

But, Native spirit is right. I should not have been so easily led. I will continue to speak my voice and I will allow you yours. As it should be.

Sentient

"What is needed is spiritual revolution in Euro Australian consciousness. We cannot merely tack an Aboriginal spirituality to our own overly-rational consciousness, but must change our consciousness from within by burrowing down into our feared and previously walled-in unconscious in order to find, or create, an answering image to Aboriginal spirituality.
The direction we need to take is downward, into our own depths, to see what could be happening there, rather than to remain the same and move sideways appropriating another culture's dreaming.
Jung wrote that "People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls". It is far easier, he said, to take on spirituality of a foreign culture, to wrap our nakedness in the wondrous trappings of an exotic cosmology, than it is to face the apparent poverty of our own souls and begin a real dialogue with the unconscious inner life of which we are at present oblivious."

That is a very good quote. Very wise words. Thanks for posting them.

Now is the time to Stand up and be Counted for we are being watched by the Spirit World -- Joanna Shenandoah