View Single Post
Old 29-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Hi all,

I would first like to say thanks to every member for being so courteous and so willing to put the events of a few weeks ago here at these forums completely behind them and allowing themselves to move forward. It truly is appreciated by myself for I enjoy the goodwill and harmony which has swept through the forums.

Unfortunately, once again, there are problems in the background which many members may be completely oblivious to. I have recently received private messages that indicate that the newfound goodwill and harmony here at SF is merely us members congratulating each other constantly and stroking each other's egos. Also, apparently, we all now LOVE each other again. Please note the sarcastic manner from that particular member. Without naming names, this very same member was disgusted with the disputes occuring at these boards a few weeks back. Please do note the hypocrisy.

There are also certain elements who dislike the way this board is apparently heading. Again, I feel as though I am banging my head against a brick wall. This board is apparently no longer a spiritual forum but a forum for the psychic arts, nothing more and nothing less.

Apparently it is my job to correct this problem - I should be out there informing members what they can and cannot post. No longer should there be threads of Angel Card readings or about the Phases of the Moon. Those threads should be in the minority. Please note my sarcasm, though it is the lowest form of wit!

Unlike the last thread I did on this subject which I closed to comments, I would really like opinions on what action should be taken with these members and their comments. Also, if anyone else has thoughts about what this is forum is truly like and the people who are here, please feel free to air your view right here! I do this because frankly, I am fed up to the back teeth of the clashing of egos! and background noise! I thought people would appreciate a friendly forum where we can discuss BOTH spiritual and psychic topics. I would appreciate some help.

Kundalini.

I could never be a Moderator.......

First of all I'm curious about what people believe "spiritual" is and isn't? To one person it means one thing and to 16 others it may mean 16 slightly different things. Who's right and who's wrong? None IMO, because everyone has the right to believe whatever they wish no matter how idiotic or "wrong" it may seem to us. I think the real question is - can everyone allow everyone else this basic right here at SF or not???

I'd also like to know why it's a repulsive disturbing thing to some people when some forum members connect and feel the love briefly? Mind and Heart are both important I feel. No one should be made to feel bad or wrong for using one or the other or hopefully both!

Like many other members here there's certain forums that I don't visit or post on because -

1)I'm not interested but don't have any need to limit anyone else who is.

2)I don't personally believe in or can't relate to some of them but, once again, I don't have any need to limit or restrict anyone else who benefits from those subjects nor do I have a need to publically state that I don't believe in something other people hold important and dear. Freedom to learn and discern for one's own self is ultimately important to me.

3)If I don't enjoy it, whatever the subject or topic is, I stay out of those forums and live and let live. This seems real easy to me but I am admittedly weird.

Are far as what to do about the issues you mentioned Kundalini; honesty, common sense, compromise backed with a clear statement that versatility is normal I think would be a place to start from. If a member/members can't grasp that and they persist in making both of the Moderators and some forum members lives miserable, then the Mods and the Admin must decide what to do with those unwilling to allow different points of view without negativity and total lock-down of the freedom to express and think and feel happening at SF. Just my 2 cents worth however. Good luck.