View Single Post
Old 20-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Is Art really important or not so much? I get the feeling that Art scares some types of people a great deal. They just don't seem to 'get it' and so it kind of unsettles them. When a country or civilisation starts to crumble and fall it is often Art which suffers first. It starts to be censored and discouraged and manipulated.

Why do some people like powerful leaders fear Art and artists?

Personally I think Art is very important. How do you feel about it?

Honza - I feel art is essential. It is through art that a person can express his or her creativity, imagination, perception, mood, suffer, elation, etc. (I could go on and on). Art sometimes is very dark - I have a few pieces of my own I don't bother framing and hanging on the wall. I went to a Prison Art exhibition twice and it was extremely interesting to look into the caged souls of other human beings who are incarcerated. Some of their art demonstrated severed suffering while others painted uplifting scenes perhaps as a means to escape temporarily. Some of the artwork was disturbing and hard to look at, but all art no matter what the subject matter or media type is a necessity of life. It takes us to another place and helps one connect with other human beings on earth.