View Single Post
Old 31-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Some people object when others - discoverers and teachers and other awakening ones - speak about something so pure and true that nothing compares to it. Why? Is universal truth something people feel the need to protect themselves from, as if it were a threat? If so... what does it threaten?

Xan

Well, here comes my answer. It is in a piece of writing I completed 10 years ago. Hope you like it

We must express who we are as honestly as we can. We must be who we are, and not be anything other than. If we fail, then let us fail because of the choices that we have made consciously, rather than merely being swayed by the stirrings of our subconscious impulses. Failure and success has always been determined by our willingness to choose. Often our subconscious mind has already made the choice long before the conscious part of itself has become aware that a choice has even been made. Often the conscious mind is too wrapped up with its own concerns (The continuous running towards comfort and away from discomfort) to notice that a choice is being made on a subconscious level. There are many times when an individual wishes to calm the conscious part of itself yet has an irrational fear of doing so. Usually this is because on some level it is becoming aware and wishes not to be. There is a deep understanding within a being that at the advent of full spiritual awareness there comes responsibility for one's own well being (It is worth noting though that we are responsible for all of our thoughts including our subconscious ones.)

I think this is part of the reason behind why people react with fear.