View Single Post
Old 21-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I have been trying to say the same thing on here for the past week!

I gave the same answer to somebody who asked "How can I be spiritually sovereign?" I gave the same answer to somebody who asked "What is discernment?"

However, people want all their karmic bonds, attachments and moksha too (and fully believe it is achievable)! I gave up.

I saw a very nice reply on Kal Bhairav from Sadhguru yesterday when I was incredibly bored and was looking up any Youtube mention of this obscure Hindu Deity I worship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgDQoGx0czY

So, yeah, I'm bonded to Siva, the Destroyer in all aspects, but in particular that one.

I also found a very nice article today on Svatantrya:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svatantrya

Suffice to say, I cannot explain what I know...what I have experienced to anybody but another Shaivite, but I try...I do try.

Very nice analogy you made and you'd pretty much need to be a Hindu to understand the whole significance.

Sometimes it feels like I'm pushing marbles uphill with a rake on here, my friend.

Thanks for the links. I don't usually subscribe to Sadhguru or Jaggi Vasudev's views, but what he says about Bhairavi Yatana in the video is pretty interesting. First time I've ever heard of it.

From what I know, Yatana Sharira is the body that the soul takes up post-death to reap the fruits of sinful deeds in hell/naraka. The Yatana Sharir stands in contrast to the Bhoga Sharira, which is the body that the soul takes up to enjoy the fruits of meritorious deeds in heaven. And finally, the Divya Sharira is taken up by the rarest of souls who are personal servants of the Lord and who are awarded direct entry into the three highest worlds - Brahma Loka, Vishnu Loka and Shiva Loka.

With the kind of intense tamasic qualities that I have, it's only natural that I should choose Shiva as my ishta devata.

But in recent times, I've been able to reconcile the bridge between Vaishnavism and Shaivism through the worship of Dattatreya, who is as you know, the combined form of Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma. It also helps that my Guru is part of the Dattatreya Sampradaya.