Thread: True Self?
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMont Cranston
Neville & NightSpirit, I'm not sure if you're offering advice, suggestions or whatevr, but I assume you have the best of intentions with your posts.

However, there is something that you don't understand about my ongoing discussion with the likes of hybrid. I thoroughly enjoy those people who like to take me on. In my experiences with internet forums, I've welcomed the encounters with those folks who are hostile, mean-spirited, angry, etc. These people expose themselves for who they are, and who they are ain't much.

I get it that there are those who have rather strong feelings about what they perceive as the negativity that sometimes appears on these threads. The goings on on SF are relatively mild compared to what I've seen on some other forums, including those devoted to both Christianity and atheism.

I think that strong people are fully capable of dealing with strong and controversial ideas, concepts, beliefs, viewpoints, etc. I do hope that those who moderate this thread will let hybrid and I continue what we've started, and those people who find it too disturbing for their tastes might want to avoid some of our posts.

I am a serious writer, and I regard the stuff I write on forums such as this one to be relatively lightweight. If what we've seen from hybrid so far is the best he's got, he will continue to be easy to deal with. (I often use a technique I picked up from Muhammed Ali in his "Rumble In The Jungle" fight with George Foreman. It's called "Rope-A-Dope.")

Thanks for your suggestions, but I have no desire to be "protected" from controversial ideas or people who live lives filled with anger, hostility or worse. I only ask that I be protected from those people who, for some reason, think they feel the need to protect me.

See you later...

the likes of me?
all i did to upset you is to expose your false claims about science and eastern philosophy which you claimed to have a thorough understanding.

all i said is based on your posts, i never read anything that would demonstrate that you understand any science stuff or even an intellectual grasp of nonduality.

all you have to of is post some explanation but instead evaded the issue and t go round and round and vent your hostility against me to other posters.

and yes i am quite wary about the likes of you.