View Single Post
Old 17-07-2020, 08:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Until recently I thought that Mindfulness was more or less the same thing as Being Present/Being in the Now.

Hints in the last year suggest they are different. As I have little to no formal training in either I can not be sure.

I have long been 'Mindful', or so I thought. Seems more like I have been Present ...

My current idea about these are as follows:
Mindfulness: focusing on one's current activity, ideally to the point of not being distracted by anything else.
Being Present: fully being aware of one's senses and internal state, none are of particular interest. Action may occur in regards to something, ideally without getting distracted by the action and loosing awareness of anything.
Being in the Now: Basically the same as Being Present, except for beginners there is an emphasis on not getting distracted by the past or future.

There is good change I am wrong or misinformed. That is why I started this topic, to find out.
Those are tools to achieve something else: means to an end. I believe each nomenclature tries to better define what to do, how to focus, in order to go through, to access knowledge and guidance. In most ways I disagree with the wanderer's motto "It's the Journey, Not the Destination".
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.