View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
I need flouride for my teeth due to some exposed dentin here and there (which is more prone to decay than the enamel overlay) from overbrushing during my 20s. I don't feel it hurts my being on any level as I don't swallow it. The improved dental check-ups are well worth it too.

As Taurmel said above me, Tom's of Maine has gone the mass-market approach since Colgate bought them and most of their pastes now taste icky-sweet and contain SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) which, for some (including myself), causes all kinds of unpleasant irritations. Even my dental hygienist advocates avoiding any toothpaste containing SLS.

I highly recommend toothpastes by Jason Cosmetics. They're all natural, gentle, and many flavours/types come in both flouride and non-flouride options so you have choices aplenty. I like to use the Sea Fresh, Nutrismile and Powersmile varieties. Look to iHerb or Vitacost online for these at discount prices or check out your local health food stores. I also like Lavera brand and have used Nature's Answer Periobrite. I still use the latter brand's mouthwash (Periowash) in-between brushings and also add it to my water pik sometimes. Works for me! ;-)