View Single Post
Old 28-09-2019, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
"God made man, man made religion" and Spirituality, and this is the understanding that's been lost. When people suddenly become "Spiritual beings" you know they've lost the plot because already they've disconnected from themselves, already the rift has begun. The question often isn't why don't they like religion but what are they running away from? The understanding for me is not that I have certain beliefs but the reason I have them, I took Buddha's advice long ago and questioned.

I tried religion for a time but it simply didn't work for me. I'm not a ritual kinda guy but I understand how it could work for others. If people are happy with religion I'm happy with that, because as far as I'm concerned every road leads to Rome and what some find in religion I find in Life. Isn't Life itself as much an intuition as religion? If not then what are the reasons it's different - and therein you'll find so many answers. Spirituality is different from religion is different from 'real Life' is different from you because you're not religious and you don't name-drop the Ascended Masters.

If we're making differences between this and that we're not as Spiritual as we'd like to think we are, we're still very much driven by ego.

I came to Spirituality for the same reasons you came to religion and I found the answers I so badly needed. Religion didn't cut it for me because I didn't want ideologies and theologies, I needed to reconnect to the youngster who had been fractured by the trauma of abuse and people banging on about how wonderful God was didn't help.

As for what people do consciously or subconsciously, well that's into psychology territory and that has no relevance for the Spiritual Aspirant that psycho-analyses the reasons people aren't religious. And no, I'm not referring to you. But this is why things are in such a mess and they're not going to change any time soon.

And still people don't understand that all they have to express is the truth of themselves.

Spirituality is an entropic system, and sometimes trying to fight against the current only brings discord.

Twenty years ago I would have said I was about 80% spiritual being with 20% my life and existence. That was the dream I was waking up from. Now I see it in reverse. Or perhaps less than 20. All the aguments, ideas of what’s right, wrong, doesn’t fit, what fits..says a lot about people’s percentages..;)