View Single Post
Old 29-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex
I ran out of time to finish reading the entire thread (stopped at page 9), so I may be off track by now; but, I think I understand what Gem was talking about at the beginning.

We all have these ideals to live and let live, believe and accept what other's believe. There are however, beliefs that harm others and we should not be tolerant of these. Nazism and terrorism are good examples, there are many more.

I try to avoid quoting the Bible, especially when it comes to something that Jesus said (assuming that he actually lived and that whoever wrote down the quote got it right), and paraphrasing that quote, "I have not come to bring peace, but a sword." There are times when a sword is necessary and action taken to stop the "beliefs" of tyrants, psychopaths, et al, that are causing harm to others.

http://thesecondadvent.com

Yay! I hear the voice of reason which barefecedly admits we don't really respect all beliefs... and indeed it is true expousing some beliefs would resut in the immediate banning from these forums...

What if I were to come here and begin to expouse my racist beliefs? Certainly I would be banned ...

...so why do we insist that 'we respect the belief of others' when the truth is we respect beliefs which are most closely alligned with our own.