View Single Post
Old 22-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfPentacles
Wow of all the things I expected to see here on the forum this wasnt one of them!
Im a massive metalhead myself, people call me a bit narrow with my music choices, I tell them rubbish - thrash metal, speed metal, hardcore metal, doom metal, symphonic metal - See how varied my tastes are, I like a bit of everything!!!!! hahaha
But seriously, I find the music (which I got into in my teens and Ive never grown up....) to be very energizing, there is nothing quite like after a horror day at work to get into the car and blow your own head off with something meaty... I guess like all art its in the ear of the beholder, and for me it gives my energy a lift, clears out the cobwebs and makes me feel much more alive...
As far as the content goes people tend to get carried away with it, Satanists and music dont have as much to do with each other as people think, and a lot of metal is actually politically motivated, not so much inspired by dungeons and dragons anymore...
I dont find any conflict at all with my spiritual beliefs and the fact that I am an ever evolving soul, who just happens to be into tarot, dowsing, crystals and all the rest too numerous to mention and the fact that I love a bit of a headbang!!
As the lead singer of Slayer (a Catholic!!) himself said words to the effect of, if your looking to the lyrics of your music for your spiritual cues in life, you probably aint in very good shape...

I hate that kind of music , even though I don't mind some obnoxious guitar playing . What I don't do is judge people spiritually by what music they listen to . Music is a powerful force in this world, but people create it . People can be deeply influenced by music, but people also have the capacity to internalize music and determine it's effect on them, to the degree that they choose what works , musically and sonically, and integrate that into their psyche, and their internal spiritual makeup . So, what sounds like garbage to me, can sound , and BE something completely different , to you .