View Single Post
Old 20-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer21
As can be seen from the abovementioned, an avalanche of negativity has been directed at women throughout thousands of years of history, which explains why the rights of females are still such a huge issue in the modern world.
Religion isn't the problem. And the Old Testament certainly isn't: We don't poke out eyes for eyes anymore, do we? We've evolved well beyond that fundamentalist extremism; it's pretty much a non-issue in the 21st century, in the Western world anyway and in most other parts as well.

The answer is simple. Like all issues, self-awareness is key. For example, as a male, I wouldn't use a photo like yours for my avatar. It sexualizes women. You're a guy, yet obviously you don't agree. Which is one of my points: Who can say who is right and who is wrong? You're saying these people and these religions are bad given their attitudes towards women (and I agree). Yet I could say the same thing about any male who uses a sexy pic of a woman for his avatar. That's why it's important not to point fingers at others and make them the problem. The answer always starts with you, and what you are doing or not doing, and not with anyone else, or with any particular religion or philosophy.