View Single Post
Old 17-03-2020, 09:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
This topic provokes many arguments but I want to give you my idea's on it(I could be wrong,but its my take).
Forget science.It makes things complicated and asks too many question's.Everybody,in my opinion has an outer body,which is visible to all and an inner self,which is constantly talking to you ,but many don't take the time to listen.This is your inner self.The most important,with messages coming from your Higher self.
When we meditate and take our focus off the physical world,our inner self goes into first gear,giving you messages and signs which will have some meaning If you think about it later.It is up to you to find out that meaning but these messages ,in my opinion come from your higher self.
I personally am learning to listen to my inner voice as it gives me the best advice.I think the inner voice is your soul that will be with you when the physical body has ceased,the inner self that will be you forever.
I'm starting to ramble now so I'll sign off,anyway,that is my take on the subject. What's yours?Discuss..............

I like what you say there and its inspiring and provoking. I find no contradictions in what you say. My deepest encounters with the intuitive or deeper inner self have often come by way of 'happenings'. What Carl Jung called synchronicities and supernatural events. I don't experience them so much nowadays but recently i have been reflecting back on some of them. Like looking back through a photo album in a sense I've been trying to kind of evaluate them and see if and where and how my ego stepped in to dialogue with these experiences or not ? So you witness something lets say supernatural and then you run off and read a book about it to try and fit it into some kind of order or so you can exploit and make it happen again, all that kind of stuff. In recent light ive look at what some non dualiist and advaitin teachers have had to say about it and i think there take on it ..is God was definitely showing you ...his beyondness, your beyondness, your smallness, your escape or your imprisonment ? God being your deeper intuitive self , the atman as you point too. So you experience something supernatural in the outside world ...so that is the small voice you are speaking about in a way... ? Thanks for letting me share a couple of thoughts. All the best. Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge