View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 08:25 PM
55Degrees

As you know, I'm kind of eclectic with my reading style.
I like to pull the bottom card when someone is vague about the theme of their question. I find the bottom card tends to shed light on what the sitter really wants to know but doesn't feel they can ask.
Pulling several from the bottom of the deck would lend itself to getting a broader story behind that.
As for where I pull cards from really depends on how I feel. I riffle shuffle so don't get 'jumper' cards. Some days I just pull cards from the top, others days I'll split the deck and read the card that is on top of the split. I even have days when I fan out the deck and take cards from wherever I feel drawn.
I don't have a set practice, I like fluidity. I don't even do a CC in the usual form. Some days I don't use a spread at all and just pull cards until I feel there is a natural conclusion.
I've even told a sitter to literally toss the deck in the air and read the cards as they land. Boy was that messy but funnily enough, I got the reading spot on and it all came to pass (and turned into a very messy situation too).