Thread: The Whole
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
That's what Bodhisattva-hood is all about. There are others, quite a few, like this.

BT
Oh, thank you for that! I just gave it a Google, and true enough that describes me. It feels good to be aware of my "archetype", so to speak. Also good to know I'm not crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
For me, Freedom from Suffering is different than freedom from pain. The word Suffering to me mean means imprisonment through psychological conditioning which is defining as well as confining to our human existence. So you may be in a painful situation, illness, other conditions although it impinges on you as a person and may completely preoccupy your life, it doesn't 'Define' your life or your existence in the last instance. Becoming overwhelmed by Worldly pain is a myopia or a blindness, perhaps a type of sleep walking which runs counter to awakening, To be awake, Buddha one who is awake for instance.
Yeah I see the difference between freedom from pain and freedom from suffering. I like the way you say it actually.

However I do see the non-dual perspective as freedom from everything, in everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hello, Soul-Mate!

The book I keep mentioning was my attempt as 'working out' (for myself) and presenting a view of how one might most 'sanely' face and make 'the best' of the exponentially escalating 'crisis' that all of humanity, hence ourselves as well, are now in. Here is my 'coaching' (from Ch 6) in said regard:
Thank you for that excerpt! That was a good read, and very relevant to me!