Thread: The Whole
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Master

Yes 'Charity' is a bit of kick in the teeth to the people that it claims to help sometimes, it's a very partial type of appropriating to those in need, an appeasement sometimes to the guilt of a conscience or the so called moral duties of a nation. The link to compassion is almost broke or perhaps it was never established to begin with, the ferry that left for the other shore has been used in a card game aka give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and you feed him for life.

In the parable of each man been given certain talents. It did strike me very vividly awhile back that I was living in a world where there were people driving buses who should be doctors and there were some doctors who might be better told being bakers and so forth and so on. It really did strike me and I felt it to be the truth. It was a type of idea or truth which passed by and I have just been reminded by reading that parable if i may call it that. And I asked how does that happen ?

I would still be of the persuasion to go forth and multiply. lol..but you know only because of the designer sterility I see around me. It's there isn't it, with the designer baby and the nannies and the maids and preoccupation of the rich. I think population control probably could be a good thing but its not something ive thought deeply about tbh. Would it emerge as a consequence of other factors coming into play,that the child, as is jesus' message, will be held as the true lamb of God ? So child bearing, so to speak, would transcend commodification, in the sense, that everybody could afford to have children if and when they wanted them. Alongside this a deeply spiritual truth would be more realised that having one of these children is to be entrusted with something that is both immanently and transcendentally wholely beyond the material realm which we have up to date mismanaged away ?

Thanks David for the food for the thought so to speak. All the best. Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge