View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 03:56 AM
Master
After going through the mill, reading up on a lot of stuff and through personal experience (or lack thereof) I realised one thing.

Spiritual practice or Sadhana is required, not to understand the 'truth'...not to attain or reach any 'goal'...but to build up the whole resilience of the body, the nervous system and to fully construct the 'Light Body' in order to cope with the massive energetic shifts that are involved and released when the whole Self-realisation phenomenon becomes experiential.

It is like a 'death' whilst still alive...a death of ego...a death of personal conscience, individuality and separation and without proper preparation, without investment in Yamas, Niyamas, Asana, Pranayama and basically the first four limbs of Patanjali's Eightfold system, the body itself could actually die due to the 'psychic shock'. The energy released could blow every nerve and bodily switch there is, leading to stroke, heart stoppage and actual physical death!

On the next level down from this, one doesn't die totally, they just experience a full-blown psychosis...many mental problems and mal-adjustments caused within the mind space...the manomaya kosha when the energy of Self-realisation blows through it like a tornado, often leading to hospitalisation or suicide.

On the next level down are bodily diseases and malfunctions. Sadhana and discipline are meant to strengthen the nervous system (both sympathetic and parasympathetic) and also, the auto-immune response and homeostatis, so without the proper spiritual practice before kundalini starts bolting like a wild, spooked horse, many diseases of the nervous system and auto-immune system can result, leading to diseases like Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, Functional Neurological Syndrome (what I suffer from), Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (I also have these), Arrhythmia, Dysautonomia (inability of the body to maintain regular homeostasis), Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Allergic responses to things one wasn't previously allergic to, Auto-immune diseases including cancers and whatnot.

This is why spiritual practice is important and for no other reason, really. Thank you.