View Single Post
Old 27-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Master
I've made an important realization in understanding one of my migraine triggers. In the past I would get them after visiting Chinese restaurants, but also when eating soups such as tomato soup. It's the sodium glutamate. I'm with my family during the holidays and one meal caused me a headache, and only afterwards was I told there was E621 in it (sodium glutamate). With this realization I can reject the idea that this is merely psychological, i.e. ''knowing something will trigger you makes it real'', as I had no clue it was in the meal. Apparently the wiki page mentions that blind tests have found no relationship between headaches and this substance but it does in my case.

Other foods (besides tomato soup) that, in the past, would give me migraines were smoked fish and some chocolates.

I also noticed I hardly got any issues in these colder months. In summer I get more which is probably me getting carried away not drinking enough on hot days. Finding another culprit in these colder months is a wonderful realization.