View Single Post
Old 13-02-2017, 02:24 AM
Experiencer
^ ah ok gotcha ...

this has always been a hard one for me. I'm no expert, I'm only 4.5 years into my development myself, I've struggled with the word Psychic for my entire development, because there is such a cheesy stigma attached to it I find.

so for a while I was like 'I'm an evidential medium' because I loved the evidence based readings I was doing, then I was told by my mentor to maybe use 'Spiritual Medium' to lessen the expectation of evidence that might not come through in every reading, but that didn't sit with me 100% because I'm not a spiritualist or attached to the church in anyways, so honestly once I hung my shingle just a few months ago I go with Psychic Medium. it helps with google searches and it's something people understand, also I find a lot of people want to sit with me for psychic readings rather than mediumship so I just have a door open to that. Though my heart is in the Mediumship work...

so that's my long story with it haha, that more along the lines of what you were looking for?

My mentor explained to me why people hiss when they hear 'Mental Mediumship' basically, before the hustle and bustle of current day times, people would sit with Spirit for some time to gain communications, like once a week, for hours, for years... they would manifest a lot of physical mediumship (trance, ectoplasm, lights seen with naked eye etc). now we are a distracted species with instant gratification and our inability to sit for hours to focus on the connection with spirit, a lot of mediums now work with 'mental mediumship', more information flowing through than the physical mediumship that was of the day in the late 1800's early 1900's .... we just don't have the dedication we once did when sitting with Spirit for manifestation of physical mediumship, is what I'm told anyhow!