View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 02:23 PM
Guide

No, I don't believe there's "someone for everyone."

If that were true, it would mean that we are all following the same life script, doing the same things, hitting the same milestones, like automatons. Children are very time and resource consuming, and having them should never be done "because it's expected." The same with a partner. They, too, are very time and resource consuming.

Most people manage to find someone, but I suspect that has more to do with the innate urge to mate and continue the species than with any predetermined "The One" waiting out there. Between that and societal pressures to do "the normal things" in life, it becomes foggy just what we truly want from life.

I was married for a long time. I have kids. The guy I married was NOT a "special someone the Universe meant for me to find." He was just a guy who happened to be in classes with me.

If the ideal of home and family is strongly appealing to you, that's wonderful and I hope you find a good guy to help you build that life. But for now, at least, enjoy the single life. Relish your freedom to do as you please. Being in a committed relationship does very often involve sublimating your own wants and pleasures to those of your partner. "I" becomes "we," and you are forever taking someone else into consideration before doing anything.

Be you. Enjoy life. Being happy and enjoying life just might attract the man you're hoping to find.