View Single Post
Old 13-02-2020, 11:25 PM
Master
What Do Demons Have To Do With Epilepsy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Did I ever mention anything about demons? What do demons have to do with epilepsy?

I suggest that the burden of proof lies with science. They may show that certain physiological conditions are present in those with epilepsy but this is not the same as proving that these physiological conditions cause epilepsy. The cause may lie elsewhere, manifesting as physiological conditions and epileptic fits.

Conventional medicine is unfortunately ineffective at curing many chronic conditions. Prescribing drugs to suppress the symptoms is not the same as curing the illness. If the person was cured then no further drugs would be needed, but all too often people are told they need to take particular drugs for the rest of their lives. This is because science only looks at the physiological conditions and misses the real deeper cause.

Time will tell. It may be that in fifty years time medicine will treat the whole person and not just the physical body. And people may look back at the medical practices of today (with over 4 billion prescriptions every year in the USA) and marvel at our current ignorance.

Peace
I am in total agreement with you.

Whilst this may not be "scientific", many psychosomatic illnesses which do not have any underlying organic or biological cause just cannot be treated by modern medicine because there is just no allopathic treatment for it!

Have you ever seen the image or statue of the dancing Shiva called Shiva Nataraja?

In those statues and pictures, Shiva is dancing upon the back of a small demon...the demon's name is Apasmara who not only represents spiritual ignorance, but also psychosomatic illness and epilepsy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apasmara
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3987276/

Epilepsy is caused by the random firing of nerves in the brain...anti siezure medication can help control the symptoms in SOME patients leading to a better quality of life... cannabis oil can do likewise with less side effects, but cannabis oil is illegal in my country...so, archaic laws are suppressing treatment because the establishment has vested interests in "Big Pharma" at the total expense of those they are trying to treat.

Many will ridicule the "superstitious beliefs" of those who lived centuries ago in their treatment of chronic disease, but modern medicine can do NO better, yet admonishes anything that knows just as less (if not more) than they do.

While I personally don't have epilepsy, I DO have Somatoform Disorder which presents itself by way of functional neurological problems, siezures, restlessness, fibromyalgia etc and all the doctors have said is "it's all in your head" and "nothing we can do about it" and "learn to live with it" because they simply do not understand why it is happening because all my tests are "normal" otherwise.

So, what harm can going to a "witch doctor" do? What harm can having an "exorcism" do? It cannot make things any worse than they are.

Bottom line is that our ancestors knew how to treat psychological and neurological problems much better than modern medicine does because they treated the person holistically and not as a "Medicare number with a bunch of unrelated symptoms".

I mean, you go to a doctor with anything these days and they will tell you that it is caused by "stress" and then write a prescription for Lexapro and a referral to a clinical psychologist.