View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 06:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
There has to be some interface mechanism or mechanics. That's what I find fascinating about Orch OR. I have no clue of it's veracity, but it's a very interesting hypothesis. It posits consciousness is an innate quality of the fine scale structure of existence and manifests in microtubules via quantum effects, I believe entanglement.

So that argues against consciousness being an emergent quality of the brain's complexity and instead is a quality of observable existence itself. I know, we would say observable existence is a quality of consciousness but Orch OR is a step in the right direction and if one thinks about it that would fit the hypothesis too. Just depends on one's point of view.

Copenhagen interpretation - (conscious) observation collapses the wave function.

Orch OR - collapse of the wave function is tied to the geometry of space and results in a conscious instance.

Alternative interpretation - the unified field/consciousness structures spacetime in such a way that the geometry of the space that arises from it ensures collapse of the wave function, making tiny instances of itself available for reception.
Very good...very good. "D - All of the above".

Here is something for you.

After revisiting Roger Penrose's book "The Emperor's New Mind" as the result of a radio broadcast I heard 25 years ago from an eminent Australian scientist at the time, the late Darryl Reanney (who was a colleague of Rupert Sheldrake back in the late '80's), the trail of the origins of consciousness within the brain (as being the receptive reagent according to the model postulated by one Paul Davies in his book "The Mind of God") all led me to one man... Rodolfo. R. Llinas...please stop me if you have heard this one..

Professor Llinas comes closest to presenting a plausible theory for the origin of consciousness, when he discusses the concerted timing and the binding principle of the oscillations within the neurons themselves...but that is still a long way off..he just found the modulating mechanism of consciousness where the Microtubules are the receivers (not the generators) of consciousness.

Where was that video of Rodolfo in action?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6T3ovN7JHPo&t=27s

So now, I invite you to enter the "I" of the Vortex..and I also hoped you enjoyed that 1993 interview with Darryl Reanney only months before his death that I shared in the "Enlightenment" thread..

How deep down the rabbit hole do you wish me to take you?