View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 12:26 PM
arrive-becomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala

Forgive me,
I realize some of these questions are oftentimes left unspoken in societies moral code, but am curious to know:

1. What is Death to you?

2. Are we just fleshy blimps in some meaningless stew of cosmic oblivion?

3. Why do some people put death on such a pedestal? Some fear it, and some are mesmerized it, like those who go on Gore Sites and watch snuff films for shock value.

4. What is the ultimate meaning of having a body? Why is it so important, if all each of us are made of the same thing, blood and bones, and if we all die the same anyways?

5. How have you learned to see everyone for who they are on the inside, instead of just their bodies? And do you love and respect your own vessel?

6. Is there a spiritual meaning or reasoning behind the action of murder? What are your views on it, and have you ever thought of taking someones life or just how easy it would be to? Thoughts...

7. Why is the human body so resilient and built for survival yet other times death happens so easily?

8. Why should gory deaths bother us if we know the person whom has died, does not feel it? Or is it just that we are putting ourselves in their shoes?

9. What do you think about ancient egyptian mummification? According to myth, they didn't think they were preserving their bodies for the underworld, but instead, to be able to come back to life some day. Possible? Impossible?

10. Is there spiritual background to those who have sexual attractions to the dead?

11. Lastly, if bodies are such perfect creations, (and they are undoubtfully if you study anatomy) then why do we have to void our bowels all the time, among other disgusting and annoying things?
And ultimately, if they are so amazing, why would we not take them with us after we die? Why are they just left to rot?

I love a good chat about death, reminds me of life! So I'll take my time with this and hope you get a good read. Great subject btw.

1. What is Death to you?
Death is what one is doing, when one isn't doing anything. It's void of experience within the mind. This implies something great, though immediately we might imagine this being incredibly painful and horrible a destiny.

If death is without experience, life is the only experience. The implications of this are few. We are immortal, as we only experience life. We arise as selfness in any mind-body. As no time (in all of time ever) is 'the correct' time, self arises in many times, sometimes even at the same time.

2. Are we just fleshy blimps in some meaningless stew of cosmic oblivion?
There is no 'just' about it. We are quite amazingly, forged of that universe you see through a telescope. Between our skin and the rest of it, is connection. Take away all elements that did not originate in you, and you will find there is nothing left. We are the foam of the ocean of existence, a byproduct - yet amazingly we are available to the experience of absolute joy and wonder of our position.

3. Why do some people put death on such a pedestal? Some fear it, and some are mesmerized it, like those who go on Gore Sites and watch snuff films for shock value.
These people find their life in the death of others, it is the epitome of ignorance. They fail to grasp that all self arises from one universe, and that one person's self is equal to anothers. They don't grasp that death means they will experience another self, or not experience. They maybe haven't considered, that one day they will experience the entire lifetime of their victim, and remain ignorant that they were once the perpetrator.

4. What is the ultimate meaning of having a body? Why is it so important, if all each of us are made of the same thing, blood and bones, and if we all die the same anyways?
To quote a zen master. Body is the causality of the mind. Body, is the substance of the mind. The mind arrives as a result of the nature of the body, and spontaneously grows like a flower on a tree. This is the existence of experience.
It isn't important, you're liberated to fully enjoy all of this. A person doesn't go to a park for a purpose other than to play, and that attitude should remain in our living life. We are here to play, and when we have insight - we are here to help others play, and take care of those who fall off the swings. XD

5. How have you learned to see everyone for who they are on the inside, instead of just their bodies? And do you love and respect your own vessel?
I have learnt to judge people on their bodies in the correct way. Instead of seeing them as how I emotionally respond to them. e.g. "You're attractive, that makes me feel good therefore i like you." I use a different internal dialogue. "You have eyes, therefore like me you can see. You have a brain, therefore like me you can experience." and so on. This gives equal space and respect to all senses and experiences, whether one believes in a soul or not.

6. Is there a spiritual meaning or reasoning behind the action of murder? What are your views on it, and have you ever thought of taking someones life or just how easy it would be to? Thoughts...
The reason for murder is that the murderer did not realize there was a better and more sufficient way to deal with the problem. However, there are many murders that are done greatly out of a deep level of compassion. There are many women in prison today because they killed a horrifically abusive husband, during a rape or violent attack. This is considered compassion, because it was the woman's good and great nature, which chose to overcome society and protect her body. Protecting the self is just as loving as protecting others, but it is most easy and least rewarding.

There are always better ways, and so for me the conclusion is that once again, ignorance (not knowing) is the reason for this occurance. So, we can use faith in this instance and say that killing is almost always a result of ignorance, and therefore even if I don't yet realize why killing is innately wrong, I can be sure not to take part in it.

7. Why is the human body so resilient and built for survival yet other times death happens so easily?
That which nature pressed us against shaped us directly through evolution. We have weak spots and strong spots, just like all other forms of life.

8. Why should gory deaths bother us if we know the person whom has died, does not feel it? Or is it just that we are putting ourselves in their shoes?
Empathy (not the psychic kind, just the normal kind) is not 'imagination' in the sense of things like fictional heroes is imagination. It isn't a fallacy, it is a way to measure reality more accurately. Those individuals feel very lucidly their experience, with the same lucidity as you experience yours. For this reason, you have to admit that self comes about in many places, and that one universe is doing all the selfing. that means when you enter death, and non-experience, all you will experience will be the full and complete life - including ignorance, of all beings. each will feel like 1 and a time, but really, all time is occurring at once and that which others experience, you will soon experience.

9. What do you think about ancient egyptian mummification? According to myth, they didn't think they were preserving their bodies for the underworld, but instead, to be able to come back to life some day. Possible? Impossible?
I would have to ask them. But to answer the second question. Can you relight a burnt match?

does the state of flame yet still arrive on a new one?

10. Is there spiritual background to those who have sexual attractions to the dead?

The body wants what the body wants. Everything is spiritual, but not everything is good.

11. Lastly, if bodies are such perfect creations, (and they are undoubtfully if you study anatomy) then why do we have to void our bowels all the time, among other disgusting and annoying things?
And ultimately, if they are so amazing, why would we not take them with us after we die? Why are they just left to rot?

They were never built as a design, they came about because patterns in nature repeated and cycled onward, increasing and changing. That which was able to survive time, did. But all life is essentially just universe dust, spinning in a particular way and producing energy in particular ways.

This does not cheapen life, but in fact makes it far more valuable. We find these things disgusting because those of us who evolved to find these things disgusting, avoided them, and so caught less diseases.

We void our bowels all the time because what we essentially are is elaborate tubes, which do a display of light and electric to create our minds, which is our worlds. We started with all other 'tubes', absorbing things that were attracted to us - much as elements do to each other even at a completely inorganic level.

Then we started to be able to attract each other, and cells were bound and organisms formed - organisms formed to absorb what they like in things, and excrete that which they didn't. These organisms evolved and evolved, changed shape, colour, senses - all to be able to fit into this world and eat from what it gave us. Eventually you got humans, who are extremely elaborate tubes, who have tubes for almost everything.

voiding ones bowels is getting in contact with our ancestors. XD, our ancestors once squatted down, and took a stinky dump. That's spirituality. XD!

Hope you could be arsed reading all of this! Thanks if you did.