View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Hertford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I have tried one time a professional hypnosis session, but it was difficult to go under because I would start to get nervous. I would think to myself, "Oh, I better go under...Why is it taking so long for me to under...Am I under yet...I feel sorry for the therapist to keep repeating himself....does he know that I am not under....oh I better stop thinking and go under already. LOL I know it is crazy, but I swear this is what goes on in my mind as I try hypnosis with a professional. With myself it is obviously a differnt.

Does anyone else experience this and what can I do to help this. I always wonder would it be bad to just have a glass of wine before going to a session *LOL*

You shouldn't feel sorry for the hypnotist. All good hypnotist give an informative pre-talk which alleviates fears and explains what it feels like to be in hypnosis.

I notice you mention 'under', you are never under hyonosis you are either in or out, this should have been explained. Under implies you are being controlled by the hypnotist, you are working with the hypnotist.

Back to the hypnotist repeating himself, you should find a hypnotist that uses a fast induction and one that depth tests as he/she goes along. As you've found those long drawn out repetitive inductions are ineffective.