View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 05:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I do kind of "get" what you mean Evangeline 77.
But give them a break hey? They are learning too, just like you.

I live in a very "spiritual" area and used to work in the centre of it every day. One day I saw someone I know and started to give her a gentle hug and she pushed me away saying her aura had just been cleansed and my contact was contaminating her.
Then there was someone else who avoided my "negative vibrations" when I had only been seriously bereaved by two days, was being very quiet and trying not to let tears roll down my cheeks...
I agree, things can get a little strange sometimes.

But they are on a learning journey in their own way I guess. Just as we are -in ours.

As for heavy metal. It isn't naturally my music. I love classical. But I had the experience once of really HEAVY metal giving me a wonderful boost of vitality and energy when I was very exhausted.
So anyone saying it's "low vibration" well they probably don't know enough about it.

The metal sound is traced back to classical in the use of the tritone, which I think was first used in church music by the Gregorian monks. The Church leaders deemed it unacceptable because it wasn't a pure harmony (which is theory that stems back to Pythagorus's 'music of the spheres'). Henceforth, music which used the tritone was declared 'the devil's', as opposed to God's music. The real tone of metal emerged with Wagner, who used a very large number of double bass' in his elaborate operas, and often incorporated the tritone... so Wagner is often credited with being the dawn of heavy metal. It so happens that Wagner was later championed by the Nazis, which ended up reaffirming rock as the Devil's music, along with early Black American music also being Gospel as God's, and the blues as 'the Devil's'.

From Greek mythology of the Sirens, and of Pan the God of the wild (who invented the pan pipes), there has been a genre that is deemed evil - so as to define the good.