View Single Post
Old 23-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshikibu
After following up on a literature review I encountered a lot of use of the word "occult." I want nothing to do with anything related to that. I threw away the one Monroe book I purchased and deleted everything to do with this.

The occult is a hiding place for every sort of con artist and charlatan. It appeals to human fears and the desire for power. I'm just unwilling to suspend rational belief. That goes for all religions, too.
Which literature review? You don't want to take the view of one review as "gospel". Some extreme religious sites seek to portray AP as "occult" or "demonic", but they have no first-hand experience at all.

Rather like NDEs, you can be any religion, or none - it makes no difference. Two things do matter, however:

A strong desire to succeed;
Projecting in a loving, calm and pure state of mind (to ensure that your projection is pleasant).

IMHO, destroying Monroe's book(s) was a little rash. In an earlier post on this thread, you said that you wondered about AP techniques. There are lots of books about, some better than others. But I recommend "Adventures beyond the Body" by William Buhlman. That will give you a much clearer idea of what is involved. Then decide!

Every best wish to you!