View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena
I have read that mediums have issues with anxiety. Im wondering if thats what is wrong with me. I have bad social anxiety and i have to take medicine for it. I want to know if my spiritual abilities are what is causing it or if its something else. Any advice? Also, i am not a medium, i can see spirits and get messages sometimes

One, if you can see spirits and get messages, that makes you a medium. Just because you can only do it sometimes, doesn't change that.

Two to say mediums have issues with anxiety, is a very broad spectrum to refer to.

A medium is not going to have issues with anxiety because they are a medium. Ones gifts will not give you anxiety because of the gift themselves. Unless you connect fear to those gifts. Fear of using them. Fear of having them. Fear of seeing something. Feeling something. Etc. Then those gifts will give you fear.

Now what can happen is that many mediums are sensitive souls. They can pick up the energies/feelings/emotions of others and can take it on as their own. Thinking it is theirs, when in fact it comes from an outside source. If they are not properly grounded, or shielded, or deflecting those energies, they will take them on instead letting them go.

Now a sensitive person who feels energies/sensitive may get feelings of anxiety to convey a message that they are getting or an impression they are feeling. So it's not their anxiety, but just a way the energy is coming across because it's an anxious energy. Or it's an energy they can relate to.

Whewwwwww. OK, so that said, for you to know if the anxiety you are feeling is the result of those aforementioned things will require you to understand where your anxiety/nervousness is coming from. Does it stem from you or does it stem from outside of you.

Hope that helps some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena
Ok thank you both.
I was just curious because i have been reading a lot about people having spiritual abilities and their anxiety starts up when spirits are trying to connect. Some people dont know that spirits are trying to connect when they have the anxiety. Its before they know they have a gift.
So yeah i was just curious if that was the case with me. Lol

This could be a couple of things really. It could be the state the spirit is in. IE, they are an earthbound, and still have a lot of anxiety/fear/nervousness to them, and the medium is picking up those feelings they have. Or the energy is high/low and causing them medium to feel this way, or that. Misinterpreting the energies they are feeling.