Thread: unoffendable
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graelwyn
Fantastic post, I read it all, and it is very much the place I am aiming to reach, for like you I allowed myself to be deeply wounded and affected by the words of others, due to incredible low self esteem, bought about by childhood wounds.
You are aware you have allowed it so you're well into your journey Graelwyn, to which I surmise you may already know but I mention it because
on my journey there were many times I had no idea if I was making any progress, which is related to how dark each valley was that I was traversing at the time.
Acknowledgement/acceptance, envisioning/pondering and consciously persuing understanding is half the battle won.
I see from your words you do this, so what you seek and more is assured if you continue your journey.

The positives when one has low self esteem, according to what I've seen on my journey are,
no or miniscule arrogance, the only way is up; ie sometimes the only way to go up is to push oneself up from the very bottom,
courage and strong will to have lived within the crushing depths of low self esteem,
an already high level of self awareness, honest self confrontation and evaluation and more...
Quote:
Very useful and helpful post, I applaud you.
~slightly bows in acknowledgement~
If one person is aided on thier journey by what I have seen on mine, it increases the high value I already have of the hell I walked through, and it's always a joy to walk with fellow travellers.
Quote:
I hope I also reach the level you are at, if I am not already there.
I think I have a little way to go still since I have only just begun to work on it consciously, via the same routes actually.
"All strong souls first go to hell before they do the healing of the world they came here for. If we are lucky, we return to help those still trapped below." - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

"The basic principle of spiritual life is that our problems become the very place to discover wisdom and love." - Jack Kornfield

"The limiting beliefs and self-doubts that plague most of us are formidable opponents. One of the most effective ways of dealing with these harsh internal messages is to learn to question every single should and limiting belief with the gentle innocence of children." - Maggie Craddock

"The limits you create will be real to you until you learn to step beyond them. Then they will cease to be real. Then, you will look back at the reality you used to inhabit and feel claustrophobic, wondering how you were able to stand its narrow confines." - Paul Ferrini

"If you want to follow me to freedom, be prepared to swim upstream, against the river of conditioning.
Be prepared to grapple continuously with the fierce flow of negative mental currents. In time our strokes will become effortless and our sense of purpose irresistible." - Buddha

"Mindfulness refers to keeping one's consciousness alive to the present reality. It is the miracle by which we master and restore ourselves." - Thich Nhat Hanh