View Single Post
Old 27-02-2020, 05:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
Lol, but turtles do live an awfully long time though so maybe it's all the same for them?

But I know the feeling. Also the human ego wants things immediately too so somewhere outside that is where actual progress gets made. Check out the tradition though, Drukama, it definitely facilitates a faster pace.

Hello Apakhaha, good point there about the turtles.
You know, I have never felt too much impatience about the vast majority of things in life. Nor regarding other people, generally speaking.

My feeling that time is running out is more having to do with the state of humanity and the state of the damage we've caused from the top on down. Damage to one another, and especially the weaker and more vulnerable. And damage to Gaia, who is also showing serious signs of stress and breakdown.

I am pretty sure most of what I was feeling strongly of late directly accrues to humanity's grab-bag of almost unspeakable atrocities in those broad areas and where they've led us to date.

Honza raised the very real question (as I understood it) of what about our core spiritual iniquities -- and are we so in their thrall that we are beyond the capacity to save ourselves? And if so, is God remorseful? I think all humanity with any smidge of humility and wisdom is extremely remorseful regarding what humanity has done to one another (rape, murder, apathy, cruelty, genocides of every flavor) and what we've done to Gaia.

It's a fine line between feeling great compassion for humanity...as many of us also do in our small human way ;) ...and feeling remorse for having created a universe that could ever give rise to such a deeply flawed creature such as humankind, despite our great potential.

Yes...humanity are remorseful, if we're decent and not psychopathic or narcissistic. Particularly for what we've done, and for failing to own our flawed nature and take proper ownership for our words & deeds.

If this is the case and as below, so above (as well as the better-known reverse), then God or First Cause too apprehends and affirms this remorse. Put another way, why wouldn't FC be remorseful regarding us, despite the boundless love and compassion? These things can certainly exist all together. If in us why not elsewhere, as well?

Remorse is an appropriate response (by God or FC) to the state of humanity at present. Until and unless WE rise to it, own our flawed spiritual iniquity, and grapple with it nobly and honourably. Rather than stoking its fires callously and egregiously.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke