View Single Post
Old 17-08-2019, 05:46 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alotofchoo
I was reading 'Answers from Heaven' which was published only a couple of years ago and I saw something in there which my logical brain turned in to a theory and now I can't get past it. Please feel free to poke holes in to my theory.

It said that scientists had found that when people die, their subconscious lingers for 3 minutes. Now considering a few minutes in the physical plane is considered a few hours in the astral plane / spirit world then my logical brain came up with the theory that the brain is hard wired in to making the person think they have entered the spirit world so that they feel they live on. They perhaps feel like they are there for a few hours then....nothing. Though I really hope this is not the case! All the afterlife books I have read make it sound quite appealing so I would love for there to be one. My non-logical brain likes to think that scientists can only measure the subconscious when it's connected to the physical plane and not when it's connected to the spirit world.

The 3 minute thing doesn't explain to me the experiences I've had with loved ones though who have obviously come back to show me they are still around about 2 weeks after they have passed.

There have been people who have been considered clinically dead for over 12 minutes long after the brain has any lingering activity who report an NDE.

Science isn't out to dash your hopes of an afterlife. It's just observing things that might make it easier for scientist to understand the nature of death. I see the brain as a launch pad that you go throw on your way to the other side.