View Single Post
Old 14-07-2020, 09:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
You've only got to look at the evolution of "woke" on social media to see how censorship has crept in both by followers on social media and government. It's difficult to say anything today even in America without offending someone. And some of the minority groups are getting pretty aggressive. Wrecking people's careers is just the start. And these people can censor the rest of us. There's a saying now that Twitter and Google are editors of the world.

Even the Archbishop of Canterbury, leader of the Anglican church, has started demanding traditional statues and stained-glass windows of Jesus should be taken down to appease the BLM movement....for what reason I can't even guess.

I've cynically suggested that the gov should ban or destroy anything pre-the year 2000. When are they coming around to burn the books?

Yes, I've noticed the same aggression. There's a lack of dialogue, people will tear down things and have people's careers destroyed because they say something that goes against the beliefs. There are witch hunters everywhere now. You can't reason with them, they use force. We are going back many decades in time, any genuine progress of understanding one another is eroding..

That Archbishop doesn't seem to appreciate the history of his own tradition. His church developed in a country where most people looked a certain way, just as it applies to the rest of Europe. The historical churches in Egypt, Ethiopia and India will show Jesus and saints in a different way and in different garb.

Books aren't burned yet but are removed from stores, ''cancelled'' as it is now called. Just like movies, cartoons with a police dog, etc. Americans and Brits that saved Europe from the nazis are no longer seen as heroes. What a mess!